Saturday, December 19, 2009

staying cooped up may have gotten to my head?

It's the girls that are the worst. It's snide gestures: whispering, giggling, the tendency to want to feel powerful. What's it to you what another girl wears? What's it to you what she looks like, how she behaves, when she hasn't even bothered you in the first place? If it's so hard to refrain from ugly comments, do so at a private place. What spurs you to hurt someone's pride, someone's confidence, through public mocking?

I'm not bringing this up because I was a target or victim of intense bullying (more on that later). I'm saying it because every time I witness these acts... I just wonder: Why do you bother. Why? Am I odd for feeling that this is not acceptable?
As humans, we are prone to act on impulses. Is this an impulse? Maybe the problem is me, because every time I see it, it bothers me. Perhaps something in me was not properly set up. Maybe it's part of "human nature" to act this way.

If you don't like how someone acts, if they're socially weird, abnormal, then leave them alone. It's childish to think with the mentality that you must push to make their lives miserable, to literally talk behind their backs, to publicly humiliate them.
It's foolish to engage in such activity simply because you (unconsciously, perhaps) feel better about yourself. In the end, doesn't it only hurt your reputation (the permanent label "bitch", because after all, that impression never really goes away)?
You can find cleaner ways to make others laugh, because humor at the expense of (seriously) scarring others is not humor at all. It's not filled with good intentions, because the negatives outweigh the positives.



It perplexes me.

Wipe that silly smirk off your face, you're not better than anyone.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
Or at least, say it at a sleepover, or through the phone, or through IM. There's no need to taunt the ones you dislike in front of them.
They haven't bothered you (intentionally)

It's ugly, ugly, ugly to me. That's probably not an incentive for anyone to stop.
You're not a kid anymore. Act like an adult.
Step into their shoes. How does it feel when the tables turn? If you don't like the feeling, if you hate the feeling, then stop what you're doing.
Where are your senses...





I wanted to say this last simply because it may distort your view on my thought process. I want to restate the fact that this post is really out of curiosity, and not hate (perhaps extreme dislike, but not anything beyond that). After hearing what I have to say, you might have the impression that she was some huge obstacle I had to get over, and that I wrote this as a revenge and GRRRRR kind of thing. But what she did rarely surfaces my mind (apologies for being vague, but I have my reasons). Seeing others hurt through this method doesn't spark the memory of her, because it wasn't all that traumatic. But I do intensely dislike this girl for her behavior. Here we go:

You were a constant nuisance when I first got into high school. Not the boys who laughed along, but you. Because like I mentioned earlier, girls who do this are the worst.
I hope life treats you well. Perhaps you'd like to leave a message, explaining to me what propelled you to make such a big deal out of activities all humans engage in.

People aren't perfect, but considering the situation (you, as a seventeen/eighteen year old girl. me, as a thirteen/fourteen year old girl) I think you're dirt. Did you not have a grain of maturity in you... I mean, 17. Now that I'm 17, I find it hard to believe you had nothing better to do.
The understanding part of me would say: "I forgive you, and I hope we both learned from the experience. Please refrain from treating others like this in the future", but whatever. I could care less about how you changed/what you're doing now.
Screw you, and I hope that you'll face lots of difficulties in the future. (It's intensely immature and hypocritical. Considering the fact that what she did wasn't all that intense, I should be handling this better. But I'm not. You can go fuck yourself! Insert online middle finger).



Ugh, it just sparks my curiosity (and I guess, anger) whenever I witness these types of people in action. I hope college is a friendlier place, and that absurd occurrences such as these stop with age and maturity.





Good night! Here's a self-toast to my first blog entry.