I realize that having a blog is somewhat self-centered, but, meh. This is for me in the first place, so my blog in particular has a self-serving purpose.
I read someone's tumblr or blogger or whatever xanga-esque site (where you post your inner thoughts, rants, etc. etc... rants, in my case) and was irked to see them use your instead of you're. What irked me even more was that the person was a college student. What bothered me the most is that I go to the same college; you'd never find an Ivy Leaguer making that mistake...
But on to days two and three. I'm saving a shitload of money anyway.
In 10 years, I will be 28. Hopefully by then I know how to use a tampon (or at least attempt to, because right now, the thing freaks me out. I wonder how 12 year olds can do it, but I can't). I want to have a job that pays a reasonable salary. I want my Grandma to be there (fingers crossed). I want to find a right guy and get married. I want to not be obese or have any health problems. I hope I can cook. I hope I can be independent, because I still feel like an overgrown baby. Generally, isn't this where everyone would like to be in a decade: happy and wiser?
It's scary how fast 10 years is going to fly by. It's scary that almost two decades have passed and I'm living it. It's scary how you can die any moment, and how easily people can just vanish. But let's not get into that. It does bother me, though. I'm scared of guns, and fire, and heights, and large bodies of water. But on to what you (you?) would really like to hear about: my opinions on alcohol and drugs.
I guess being Asian and kind of conservative, my first experience with alcohol was not a good one. Well, I've seen alcohol, certainly, but it never really mattered in my life. I was 15 when one of my best friends transformed into a liar. I wouldn't say it was because of the drinks she had; it was more like she wanted an escape route, found alcohol as a solution, and knew it was wrong, and lied to me about it. It was a really rough time for me, (but probably rougher for her) and I never really recovered from it. I think it was a lesson for me, and I lost a lot of trust in friendship and people in general.
And to really answer the question, I think that college parties are stupid (but common), and that alcohol can provide an unhealthy escape route that one travels upon too often. When you are lying in the hospital because there's too much alcohol in your bloodstream (alcohol posoining?), that's when you need to reconsider your lifestyle choices. But really, I'm not all gung-ho and anti-drinking-partying-smoking-weed. You can do whatever you want, but in moderation. As long as you take care of yourself, you're allowed to have fun. After college, doesn't everything go downhill? Actually, after you're born, doesn't everything go downhill?
Drugs... I don't really mind. I feel like I'd like to try it one day, as bad as that sounds. I don't want to live never knowing how it feels like; I'm just that kind of person. Same reason why I want a tattoo: I think that there's one life to live, so why not? Bad reasoning, but still my immature logic at its best. Probably too wimpy to do either one.
Yay massive blog entry! Bye.
